Distributed Energy Resources (DER) – are we there yet?
There has been a great focus on adding renewable generation capacity to the grid. Much of this has been in the form of Distributed Energy assets. However there has been less focus on the need to manage power quality across the distribution networks – leading to issues in managing phase and voltage. The future will see a very different Distribution Network to accommodate these changes and maintain power quality. IoT will become a significant part of managing that network, sensing at many more places than we have in the past – including beyond the meter. Learn more about the impact of IoT on the future grid and DERM at Impact19 – are we there yet?
- Keynote: John Cleland, CEO, Essential Energy
- Moderator: Prof. Stuart White, Director, Institute for Sustainable Futures, Enzen
- Rosemary Sinclair AM, CEO, Energy Consumers Australia
- Darren Miller, CEO, Arena
- Ian McLeod, Director, Smart Energy Centre of Excellence, Enzen
- Simon Mout, VP Energy, Schneider Electric